Upgrading firmware for Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. Help!

Reaction score
Hi there!

I just got an Intel Mac Mini and it's running 10.4.10
I also just bought the wireless keyboard and might mouse.

Problem is they're not being picked up by the Mini.

I found a help file:

Apple Wireless Mouse and Keyboard: Update firmware before upgrading to Mac OS X 10.4

Before upgrading to Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger," make sure that you update the firmware for your Apple Wireless Mouse and Keyboard first. The firmware updater for the Apple Wireless Mouse and Keyboard will not open in Mac OS X 10.4.
If you didn't do this before upgrading to Tiger, you can work around this issue by temporarily pairing the mouse and keyboard with a Bluetooth-enabled computer that's still using Mac OS X 10.3, and apply the firmware update from that computer.
About the update
The Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Firmware Updates improve Apple Wireless Keyboard and Mouse performance and reliability.
This document will be updated as more information becomes available.

I don't have another mac to pair it with (converted pc user) so does anyone have any idea how to get my keyboard and mouse to work?

Thanks!

Si
:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Um no, you haven't upgraded to 10.4. You've upgraded from 10.4.x to 10.4.10. Therefore that help file is of no use.

You've of course set them up right, haven't you? With the Bluetooth Setup Assistant?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.