Mirroring at Different Resolutions

Reaction score
Hey All,

Does anyone know if it is possible to mirror your desktop at two different resolutions?

I understand you can have two different resolutions when using extended desktop, but when I attempt to mirror on my 20" cinema and my 27 hdtv, the hdtv runs at 800x600, but if I try and run the cinema at 1600x1050, I get underscan, or black borders around the viewable.

Basically I want to be able to use my desktop simotamisouly at native resolutions on both my cinema and my tv. Meaning I would like run 800x600 on my hdtv and 1600x1050 at the same time. The reason be is I would be using my hdtv to show edited projects and dailies, but then if need be, run into my office and go back to work, with little or no changing to the system.

From my testing, I am beginning to wonder if the only way this will work is throwing in a second simple video card, since I get the feeling the video card in there currently is not capable of displaying the same thing at seperate or different resolutions.

Any thoughts would gladly appreciated!
Tim

Reaction score
It isn't a problem with your video card, there is simply no way to do that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.