New member & switcher...hello

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
black Macbook--2.16 Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 gb SDRAM, 160 gb HDD
Just bought my first Mac ever (black Macbook--specs in sig) last nite--also got the APP, a .MAC account, and a [red] edition 8gb iPod nano.

So far, I've got the basics down with Safari, iTunes and stuff, but I have a few noob questions--lol

1. How do I make tabbed browsing work on Safari?
2. I have a 30 gb black iPod that survived my crappy Gateway PC crash with some of my old iTunes library on it--how do I upload everything off it onto my new Macbook?
3. I like to use Windows Media Player to watch videos and stuff--what's the BEST Mac equivalent? If it can recognixe DiVX, that would be great too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo, 2 GB RAM + 20" ACD
1. Go to the Menu Bar while in Safari, Click Safari > Preferences > Tabs > Enable Tabbed Browsing.
2. Senuti. http://www.fadingred.org/senuti/
3. Umm... I'm pretty sure there's a popular one, but I can't think of it off of the top of my head. I'll let someone else take care of this one.

Congrats on the Mac!

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
sweet--Thanks Sandwichman

I got tabs now & I dl that Senuti program, gonna use it when I get home...gotta get ready to go, goin to a cookout & seeing Transformers tonite!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
ichat is also great !!

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol, tell me about it...any1 have an answer for question 3 please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook Pro Retina, 2.7ghz, 128gb SSD
Reaction score
Infamous_P, do tell me, how is the black MacBook working out for you? Is it as reliable and portable as its advertised to be? I myself will be getting one within the month. Do you feel any lack of power?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
~Senuti question~

Having a problem transferring my music from the 30 gb iPod (it was used with a PC, but I can re-format it to work with the Mac?) to the Macbook--it allowed me to transfer the license with all the purchased iTunes songs already.

BUT when the songs begin to copy/paste into iTunes, it crashes partly throughout the process. How do I remedy this problem? Its only about 14 gbs of music or so but it would save alot of time form having to re-rip all my CDs, lol

HELP!

Reaction score
~Senuti question~

Having a problem transferring my music from the 30 gb iPod (it was used with a PC, but I can re-format it to work with the Mac?) to the Macbook--it allowed me to transfer the license with all the purchased iTunes songs already.

BUT when the songs begin to copy/paste into iTunes, it crashes partly throughout the process. How do I remedy this problem? Its only about 14 gbs of music or so but it would save alot of time form having to re-rip all my CDs, lol

HELP!
You're using Senuti?

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You're using Senuti?

yep, dunno what the I LOVE PRETTY PINK PONIES is wrong--deleted all the music out of iTunes and am probably gonna stop at an Apple Store in MD while I'm down there for help

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Infamous_P, do tell me, how is the black MacBook working out for you? Is it as reliable and portable as its advertised to be? I myself will be getting one within the month. Do you feel any lack of power?

its working out fine, I've got the following programs/games running with no lag:

--Starcraft/Starcraft: Brood War
--Halo
--Grand Theft Auto 3
--Half Life 2
--Counter Strike
--CorelDRAW

the OS loads up when I turn it on in less than a minute and despite complaints by some, my drive isn't loud when running a CD/DVD

I've only had it for 2 days, but I can keep you posted thru PMs about it--all in all, I def would recommend a Macbook to ANYBODY in the market for a laptop or new home computer

Reaction score
its working out fine, I've got the following programs/games running with no lag:

--Halo
--Grand Theft Auto 3
--Half Life 2
--Counter Strike
--CorelDRAW

the OS loads up when I turn it on in less than a minute and despite complaints by some, my drive isn't loud when running a CD/DVD

I've only had it for 2 days, but I can keep you posted thru PMs about it--all in all, I def would recommend a Macbook to ANYBODY in the market for a laptop or new home computer
Yea, definitely keep me posted.
Also, is the black as cool as it looks on the internet? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz/2GB/CD

--Halo
--Grand Theft Auto 3
--Half Life 2
--Counter Strike
--CorelDRAW

I shouldn't be asking this because I thought I quit gaming (CS and CSS) a year or so ago, but ... do you use CS via BootCamp? I'd imagine running Parallels and playing CS might be a little laggy.

Half-Life 2?, didn't know my laptop could handle that. Let me know about how you're running it.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also, is the black as cool as it looks on the internet? :D

EVEN COOLER--if the NightRider car Kit, Darth Vader, and a laptop had a 3-way...the Macbook would be the result

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ate ramen noodles for 2 months and did about 30 hours of overtime @ work (Office Depot)...if u gotta make some sacrifices, TRUST ME when I say IT'S WORTH IT!!!

Reaction score
I ate ramen noodles for 2 months and did about 30 hours of overtime @ work (Office Depot)...if u gotta make some sacrifices, TRUST ME when I say IT'S WORTH IT!!!

No, I mean my mom saw me using some questionable language on AIM so she won't let my dad buy me a macbook (its a birthday gift, they're divorced). Which is ridiculous since I'm old enough to be saying whatever I want.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ahhh I've had that same problem in the past, lol...just say you're sorry, do some chores and stuff wihout her asking, and when she steps out of the house--put some flowers by her bed/in the kitchen

extra brownie points, rent her a movie with some chocolate--MOMS LOVE CHOCOLATE

I'm only 20 so I've EATEN A GAGGLE OF GEESE my mom off tons of times (Dad is military, been in Iraq & Qatar the last 2 years with a few visits) and a mixture of those things tend to usually get her to chill out...remember, you're still in her house so whatever she says goes. Just swallow your pride and give a genuine apology.

My mom helped pay the last $500 on this Macbook so I'm her DON'T SQUEEZE THE WATERMELON for the next few weeks, lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.