Some Questions about mini\OS X Lepoard

Reaction score
i never had a mac before. played a ][gs and Garageband at my Local Apple Store 45mins from here. I Might get a mini come winter time but first i have Some Questions:

1: Will Future Mac Mini's Have Core 2 Duo?
2: If I buy additional RAM can any store install it or an Apple Store?
3: I have standard WiFi Connection. Do i need anything extra or will Mini pick it up?

4: is there a way to trade my Windows Games for Mac versions? like The Sims 2 and Sims 2 pets?

5: can i import wave/mp3/ogg/mp4? in to my loops?

6: i only want a couple of loops in a jam pack is there something i can do like $0.50 per loop?

7: i have a HDTV for a monitor... what's the highest format i'll see? (480p\720p\1080i)

Thats all i can think of now... Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
i never had a mac before. played a ][gs and Garageband at my Local Apple Store 45mins from here. I Might get a mini come winter time but first i have Some Questions:

1: Will Future Mac Mini's Have Core 2 Duo?
2: If I buy additional RAM can any store install it or an Apple Store?
3: I have standard WiFi Connection. Do i need anything extra or will Mini pick it up?

4: is there a way to trade my Windows Games for Mac versions? like The Sims 2 and Sims 2 pets?

5: can i import wave/mp3/ogg/mp4? in to my loops?

6: i only want a couple of loops in a jam pack is there something i can do like $0.50 per loop?

7: i have a HDTV for a monitor... what's the highest format i'll see? (480p\720p\1080i)

Thats all i can think of now... Thanks!

1: Only Apple knows for sure, however, it's very unlikely (just to keep the costs down).

2: You can install it yourself easily. Very simply procedure. I'm sure a computer store wouldn't mind separating your money from your hand either, but this is designed to be a user-installable part.

3: Yes, the Mini is equipped with an Airport card which is a standard 802.11 wi-fi device.

4: No, but you can always install Windows and play them there (assuming the Mini's modest graphics capabilities are able to run the game).

5 & 6: Don't know, hopefully someone else will jump in here.

7: It will display at whatever resolution you set it to. By default, it should pick the highest resolution available (1080i)

OP
S
Reaction score
1: Only Apple knows for sure, however, it's very unlikely (just to keep the costs down).

i'd Think that they could be somewhat up to speed with imacs

2: You can install it yourself easily. Very simply procedure. I'm sure a computer store wouldn't mind separating your money from your hand either, but this is designed to be a user-installable part.

thanks... i did'nt know if there was a diffrence in Ram.

4: No, but you can always install Windows and play them there (assuming the Mini's modest graphics capabilities are able to run the game)

Well i know that. because Aspyr Made Mac ports of Sims 2\Sims 2 Pets!

Thanks for your help.. for 1\4\5\6 i might ask at an Apple Store one day!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
The Mini could be axed or conversely, upgraded to Core2s in the near future.
Nobody knows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 ghz blackbook ,g4 cube, powerbook g4, 8gb iphone
As far as the wifi on it goes...it doesnt pick up as good as a laptop does, you have to be somewhat near the mini

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.