Iphone froze and restarted....

Reaction score
well today I just found my iphone frozen on the "locked" screen. I was not able to move the slider so I ended up restarting it (home button + sleep/wake button). I noticed that when I found it, it was warm. Is this going to affect my battery life? everything else seems to be in working order, im just worried about the battery. When I restarted it, it was at 15% battery life ...

SHould I be worried?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
it uses an operating system, things like that happen. ALL phones need to be reset now and then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
True. Same thing happened with mine. The slider refused to move and was eventually stuck. I couldn't even shut it down because you need to use the slider to shut it down. Anyway, I was finally able to close it and restart it without a hitch.

You do need to restart it once in a while. All smartphones with complex operating systems or user interfaces need to be restarted one every day or two. AT&T has also claimed that it's good to do it for network reasons and re-synching with towers, though I'm slightly skeptical about the last one, it might make some sense when continually switching towers whilst travelling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
yeah mine was having mini-freezes everytime i had to slide the thing. answer or unlock or anything, i turned it off and on and its fixed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.