iBook G4 HELP! (Resolution and Wifi)

Reaction score
Recently I dropped my iBook G4 and cracked the screen.
I don't have to money to repair it, and I will eventually be getting a MacBook, so I figured, why not take the screen off and just have it be the keyboard, mouse pad, etc? So, I take off the screen, and snip the wires that were connected to the LCD and there was a metal frame left, which i broke down into one bar attached to the iBook still. I was happy with it, until I booted up, connected to another monitor.

1. Resolution is set to 800X600. Before it was set at 1024X768 when the screen was still attached, how do I fix this?

2. I used to get a decent wireless signal in my room, but now I get a very small signal, and I could connect to it for a few minutes, then it died, and I haven't been able to connect since, what is up with that?

Please, I need help with this asap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
wireless networks and signals are weird, that's just how it is sometimes, no other good explanation. As for the resolution, go to system preferences, then under the hardware section there is a displays controller, it can be adjusted under that

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
The WiFi antenna is in the Display. When you cut the wires you cut the antenna. That explains that part. Open System Preferences, Displays. Can you change the resolution there?

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

I'm ordering a broken iBook off of ebay to replace the wifi antenna, but as for the resolution that took a bit of work. The regular system preferences wouldn't let me change it to higher than 800x600. I had to use a program that enabled me to change it higher than that. It must have had something to do with detaching the LCD.

Reaction score
The WiFi antenna is in the Display. When you cut the wires you cut the antenna. That explains that part. Open System Preferences, Displays. Can you change the resolution there?

If he cut the antenna then why is he getting any signal at all?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.