Apple offers $86 iPhone battery replacement program

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
iPhone Out-of-warranty Battery Replacement Program
What is the iPhone Battery Replacement Program?
If your iPhone requires service only because the battery’s ability to hold an electrical charge has diminished, Apple will repair your iPhone for a service fee of $79, plus $6.95 shipping. Be sure to follow these instructions for optimizing battery life and troubleshooting battery charging issues before submitting your iPhone for battery replacement.

How much does it cost to participate in the program?
The program costs $79, plus $6.95 shipping. The program cost is $85.95 per unit.
All fees are in US dollars and are subject to local tax. Service may not be available if your iPhone has been damaged due to accident or abuse. Please review Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions for further details.

Will the data on my iPhone be preserved?
No, the repair process will clear all data from your iPhone. It is important to sync your iPhone with iTunes to back up your contacts, photos, email account settings, text messages, and more. Apple is not responsible for the loss of information while servicing your iPhone and does not offer any data transfer service. Please do not send any accessories with your iPhone.

How long will service take?
The repair process normally takes three business days.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHz Intel Core Duo processor, 120GB hard drive, 2GB RAM, 15" widescreen... pretty basic.
Wow. That's a tragedy. I hope my phone doesn't need any battery servicing any time soon. Without SIM cards, I'd be phone-less for a few days.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Wow. That's a tragedy. I hope my phone doesn't need any battery servicing any time soon. Without SIM cards, I'd be phone-less for a few days.

I'm sure they'll have kits on ebay pretty soon. I buy all of my cell phone batteries off ebay for just a few bucks each. There are plenty of iPod upgrade kits, so I'm sure we'll be seeing iPhone batteries and maybe even extended batteries soon!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
They forgot to mention the cost of being without your phone for who knows how long or buying a cheap-o to use while you ship it off!! And does anyone else find $79 to be a bit high? The most I've seen good replacement batteries for hasn't been more than $20.

There are a lot of things lacking with the iPhone, but not making the battery user-replacable has to be the most bone-head mistakes of all time! I forget what design issues they sighted as the reason for making it so, but looking at the tear down videos online, I don't believe a word of it. All you have to do is take off the back cover and it's right there! The only thing that makes it hard is that they soldered the 3 connecting wires on instead of making it a kind of slide-in connection like all other phones. Those genius designers really couldn't make that happen? Please!!!!

Despite it all, I still have to fight the voices in my head telling me to run to the nearest Apple or AT&T store and get one for myself!! :p

Reaction score
let's not confuse the existence of a battery replacement program with the need to use it because the battery is somehow faulty. There is nothing to suggest that we will need to replace our batteries for a few years to come.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
few years? as in plural? these things have a charge life of 300 to 400 charges. that is one year if you charge it daily. and that 250 hours on standby i don't think is possible.

Reaction score
my point still stands, despite my inability to perform basic math functions.

Though I can't really believe that Apple would give us a non removeable battery that will only last one year as you are claiming.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.6 GHz, 4 GB, 200 GB, 256MB Vid
unfortunately we wont know until a year has passed. if you don't use it much, it should last longer. use it like a phone and iPod will cost juice and time.

my Treo has lasted about a year on it's battery, so that is going well. Lithium batteries have lifespan though; just depends on the use and recharge cycle.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.