Problem downloading via web browser

S

shastacola

Hello,

I have a strange problem. When ever I try to download something via a web browser my scripting editor pops open (it doesn't download). It doesn't matter which browser I use, I have tryied Safari, camino and IE.

Is there a setting on my powerbook that I can change that would fix this problem?

I hope you can help :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions Also make sure you run cron tasks or use Mac Janitor, Finder, Applications. Utilities Terminal type (switching to root - superuser) sudo sh /etc/daily > this needs to be done /weekly (instead of daily) and monthly. again with all apps closed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
In safari what happens when you Ctrl Click on the link you are trying to download and click Download Linked File As

OP
S

shastacola

witeshark,

I tried your suggestion and I am still getting the scripting windown when attempting to download.

I am able to download attachments with the other suggestion that was given in this post, thank you. Just wondering how I would go about fixing it so that I don't have to do that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
It sounds like a dependancy issue in the system. I would email Apple tech support about it, honestly. It's not something I've ever heard of happening.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.