Switching from PC to Mac and need advice

Reaction score
i think you should blow the budget and spend more than $500 to get yourself a new or refurbished mac which has quite good specs and will last you whenever buying a computer always always blow your budget and get as much as you can afford E.g dont just spend $500 because it is a nice amount to spend and you will have lots of money left over.

Spend as much as you possibley can

Reaction score
Or this one.
PowerMac G4 800 MHz
Apple Power Mac G4
800MHz 256MB Ram Mac OSX 10.3.9
DVD/CDRW
40 GB INTERNAL DRIVE

Applications Include Adobe CS (Photoshop,Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Professional), GoLive, Microsoft Office.....etc

Keyboard & Mouse, Original User Guide/Cd's

Great Condition, great performance $400obo

In my humble opinion, it seems strange for somebody to include adobe CS suite for that price. That's a pretty expensive software package I'd guess, even if it is 2 versions behind.

Anyway, why don't you consider a NEW mac mini? They don't come installed with a ton of memory by default, but they are new. The base model is 100 bucks over your budget, but I bet if you saved for a bit longer (depending on your income) you could afford one. And, if you took a bit longer to save the money, maybe you could even wait for the october release of Leapord, and you'd have everything for not too much more...

And you'd have a warranty, and that fuzzy feeling you get when you buy a new apple product :)

Though, no dedicated video card means some of the higher end video editing software might be a bit more painful to work with..

OP
H
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback. The machine I would love to buy is probably about $2k but there is no way I can justify that right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.