Help !!!!!! Making a Boot Disk in Classic or OSX

W

warrencast

Is there any software package that will allow one to make a boot disk in classic or OSX? I seem to remember Toast v 3 or 4 had a pull down that let me. I really need help in this matter and thank you all for yoyr help.
Sincerely,
Warren Castaneira
[email protected] :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
From Toast Titanium 5 Help:
Making a Bootable CD

The CD you create is bootable on a Macintosh system.

Note: This feature is available only on Mac OS 9.1 or later.

1 Make sure Toast is open and the Toast window is active.

2 In the Toast window, click Data.

3 To see the Data formats pop-up menu, click the format name.

4 In the pop-up menu, choose either Mac OS CD or Mac OS and PC (Hybrid) CD.

You cannot create a bootable CD with the Mac OS Extended choices on the menu. If you try, after you click Record, Toast will display a message indicating that a bootable Mac OS Extended CD is not possible.

5 Drag the appropriate blessed System Folder into the data window.

Make sure you have the correct System Folder for the computer you plan to boot from the CD you are creating. Apple places different items in the System Folder, according to the specific computer where it is used.

6 Change the name "Untitled CD" to the name you want the CD to have when it mounts on your desktop.

7 Drag additional data you want to copy to the Data window.

8 After collecting all the data you want, insert a CD into your CD-Recorder.

9 Click the Record button.

10 In the Record dialog box, click Write Disc. The writing process begins at the selected speed. When all the data is written, Toast pauses briefly, then automatically verifies the data. (You can prevent verification by clicking Eject during the pause.)

11 When you see the message, "Verification completed successfully," click Eject.

OP
B

Badger

Don't buy Toast 6. It will not make bootable disks. You can still get Toast 5 through the Roxio website. However it is a big download. Toast 5 is a carbon app and works equally well in either OS.
Badger

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
There is an application that you can use to create a bottable CDROM. I don't remember the name of the application at this time. I was able to create one, but it takes a long time to boot from it.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
BootCD!
http://www.charlessoft.com
I ran this today as a matter of fact, it took maybe 5 minutes to boot compaired to my Jaguar boot disk which takes like 10 minutes. Very cool app.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I guess I will have to try a Panther boot disk. My Jaguar disk took 20 minutesto boot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.