Bluetooth dongle, light on... no-one home...

Reaction score
Hello,

I bought a Bluetooth dongle and it was working fine on my powermac G4. I tried it on a friend's PC and it didn't work at all? I thought ok, perhaps it just doesn't work on a PC now that I've been using it on a Mac. I then later I tried it on my ibook, and that didn't work either, strange, i thought. Then i put it back in the G4 and nothing.

When I open Bluetooth file exchange, it tells me, 'In order to use this application, you must have a Bluetooth module. Please verify that your Bluetooth hardware is properly attached to the computer.' I also tried it on a friends G5 but nothing still. Did the evil PC do something to it?

I've tried using all the different usb ports, the light comes on, but nothing...?

Thx

Reaction score
Sounds like it might have kicked the bucket especially since you've tried it on multiple computers. I honestly don't know how else you would check it. What make and model is it?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
My guess is that one of the machines has a bad USB bus and damaged the adapter.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.