iTunes & Shapeshifter Not Compatible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
Just recently I have been having problems opening iTunes, I have Shapeshifter installed and the theme I use used to support iTunes. About 2 weeks ago everytime I open iTunes a message would come up from Shapeshifter wanting to connect to check on something, I would just click "No" and iTunes would load and be themed.

After updating to 10.4.10 the message would still appear from Shapeshifter when opening iTunes, but now selecting "No" iTunes simply shuts down straight away. I just downloaded iTunes 7.3 seperately and did a reinstall, but the same thing happens, the only way I can get iTunes to open is if I add iTunes to the "Exclude" list in Shapeshifter, but this way iTunes is not themed and looks very odd alongside the rest of my applications.

I have gotten used to the way my macbook pro looks now and don't really want to get rid of Shapeshifter, but it may be the only option, anyone else experience this problem or have any fixes?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
iTunes seems to use a lot of custom UI elements... I know UNO used to have trouble with it and it's likely that Shapeshifter will as well.

I think you might just have to live with it excluded for the time being until your theme is updated.

Btw - which theme do you use?

OP
MacBurg
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.6Ghz | 200GB 7200 | 4GB Ram | 32GB iPod Touch 2G
I was using GraphiteAGV "Dark Menubar" which is nice and clean, not too dark either, especially in photoshop where a lot of other dark themes make toolbars unreadable. I have changed to a different theme now and iTunes seems to open okay, just wish I could go back to GraphiteAGV.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.