Burning troubles

JMO

Reaction score
I'm trying to burn an .iso image file. I've tried using toast (copy-image), disk utitily and liquid CD. I've tried mounting it and burning the video_ts folder. After it's finished I try loading it into my home dvd player and it displays incorrect disc. The dvd player plays other dvd-r discs fine but I can't seem to get the .iso file to work. I've tried everything I can think of. Any other insights?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I'm trying to burn an .iso image file. I've tried using toast (copy-image), disk utitily and liquid CD. I've tried mounting it and burning the video_ts folder. After it's finished I try loading it into my home dvd player and it displays incorrect disc. The dvd player plays other dvd-r discs fine but I can't seem to get the .iso file to work. I've tried everything I can think of. Any other insights?

Will the disc play on your Mac?

Some DVDs are region specific and if your DVD player is designed to play discs for a specific region that the DVD is not encoded for, it won't play no matter how it's burnt.

In addition, some video is PAL, some is NTSC. If you live in the US and the DVD video is in PAL format, it might not play on some NTSC DVD Players (and vice-versa).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.06 iMac i3|12GB|500GB
Not to mention, I'm not aware of many dvd players which play .iso's.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Not to mention, I'm not aware of many dvd players which play .iso's.

Well, the ISO is typically just a disc image, so when you burn it, it's burnt as a DVD, CD, VCD, etc...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.