Using a mouse on MacBook....SUCKS!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
Why does a mouse on the macbook feel so much different on a macbook??? It's like the pointer goes even slower than normal when you go slow....I HATE THIS!!! Anyway to change this?

Reaction score
If you're talking about the sensitivity, which I think you are, then it's very simple to change. If the mouse came with its own drivers, than just change it via the software you received. If not, I'm pretty sure you can still do it simply through System Preferences.

OP
Z mann R2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ya dont have any software....all i cange change in preferences is the overall speed....nothin that changes the problem tho

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
My logitech worked fine right off the bat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i feel this way too. the mouse just "feels" different than in XP. like its not tracking as well or something.

i have a mbp, and logi v270 BT.

J

jamesx

smae problem here. i have tried 2 different mouses including a microsoft one and now the mighty mouse and they do the same thing, so i asssume its the computer. the trackpad is fine but it seems when using a regular mouse that its "rough" or dosen't track as smoothly... not like xp..its pretty annoying but i got kind of used to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
I find it's the acceleration - it's almost impossible to be accurate with a Mac mouse. SteerMouse lets you change the Sensitivity, which cam make a huge improvement. Why can't Apple bung a simple slider into Prefs?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I find it's the acceleration - it's almost impossible to be accurate with a Mac mouse. SteerMouse lets you change the Sensitivity, which cam make a huge improvement. Why can't Apple bung a simple slider into Prefs?

I was going to say the same thing. Within minutes of installing Steermouse, I was able to adjust the acceleration and sensitivity speed to exactly what I'm used to with a Windows machine.

J

jamesx

Hey, thanks for that, steermouse helped alot!!! how long does the trial last? i am going to buy it when the trial is up.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey, thanks for that, steermouse helped alot!!! how long does the trial last? i am going to buy it when the trial is up.

Honestly, I'm not sure. I liked it so much, I bought it the same day. I almost forget that it's installed on my system now.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I had never tried Steermouse, but was using mousezoom. I installed it and CWA is sure correct. I can set it to feel just like a mouse under XP. Just don't set the sensitivity to 5! It's so fast and instant, I could not get it back to the setting to change it. If that does happen just hit the ESC key and it will revert back to stock! Amazing acceleration and tracking.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
i wonder if leopard will build more functionality into mousy stuff.

heres to hoping!

OP
Z mann R2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
man I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought this way....I appreciate the help!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.