Need Advise

Reaction score
Hi All ..
I will be a new user of Mac in the coming weeks, i am thinking about getting MacBook. For that, i have few questions to ask:
1- How is it, technically ?

2- Is it hard to learn on Mac OS? as i am a user of Windows only

3- Will there be a guide with it showing how to use the Mac ?

4- Is the keyboard different than windows? if yes, is it much or a bit ?

5- Can i download its programs from the internet or i have to buy the original ?
(Office, etc)

6- How is the battery life ?

I am from Kuwait, here in iCity stores the price of the 2.16 Duo 2 Core is 515 K.D (1,787.83 USD), thats why i am thinking about bying it online from Apple of Bestbuy because it will only cost 1.300 (400 difference).

When i asked the iCity ppl yesterday, they said its better to get it from them because i will have it with all the programs like the office and so on, thats why its important for me to know if i can get these prgorams from the internet or i have to buy the original (whic is expensive) and ask them (iCity) to install it ..

Thanks in advance, and please who ever ahs more information dont hesitate to say ..

:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
1. Fast
2. Absolutely not coming from a longtime windows user
3. You can find that them but it really isnt hard to just figure it out yourself
4. Yes but only a little. THe biggest difference is that there is no forward delete but you can reprogram so that there is.
5. There are a lot of simulators out on the internet. For instance for office, neoOffice or OpenOffice are both good, FREE options.
6. Excellent. 5 hours not doing anything strenous like wireless internet or gaming. Even then youll get 3 or more hours

And I recommend getting it off apples refurb site. THey work perfect and have huge discounts.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks ..
What about the Windows, if i wanted to have windows as well do i have to partision the harddisk or no need ??

Reaction score
just download bootcamp from the apple website and read the doccumentation on it and it will guide you through installing windows. You will be pleasantly surprised how easy it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.