Anyone who can HELP please do

Reaction score
Ok.. purchased macbook pro, have had a few days. no problems. had not cracked out the battery before tonight (eliminating ram installation error). Now I start up tonight, I get the grey startup screen perpetually on, sans boot animation, with three distict "popping" sounds from the speakers. It stays in this state, with grey screen, and the sleep light blinking 3 times in concession every 5 or so seconds. The MBP also proceeds to get very hot, very fast. I'm becoming very worried and need assistance immediately from anyone

OP
M
Reaction score
I did (after the fact of all this) take the battery out, hold power for 5+ seconds to restore factory settings (or so the manual says), but I get the same result when I put the battery back in and power on

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
try start up disks, ... hold c on start up

OP
M
Reaction score
tried, nothing. I have a dvd in the drive which it will not eject. therefore I can't even put in anything if I wanted to.

Really starting to worry now

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
I will call Apple care if I were you. You may even get your MBP replaced.

OP
M
Reaction score
Actually one of macintouch's reader reports describes the issue to a T, in his case apple thought it was a ram seating problem. Someohow I doubt popping the ram out will fix it tho.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33ghz 2 Gb RAM 160GB 17" Glossy...
a friend of mine had this problem... turn it on and hold down the eject button until the disk comes out.. IT CAN COME OUT i have done it... turn it on, and when you hit the power button hold down the eject button until the disk comes out, then you can insert the startup disk and hold down c when you restart the computer until the gear stops spinning and then you will be taken to the prompt and you can go from there...

OP
M
Reaction score
No none of the startup commands worked for me.

Anyways its going back to Apple as soon as I get the ship labels, and a brand new one in its place. Crossing fingers for this one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.