iPhone Battery Issue, anyone else?

Reaction score
k, so day 3 of owning my iPhone begins. Both last night and today i have had my iphone charging over night. Yet when i wake up in the morning, the battery is still not fully charged. It seems to reach like 80% (im guessing... there is no accurate indicator that i know of other than the little picture). I would assume after 8 hours on a charger it would be fully charged. anyone else experiencing this problem?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
My battery icon just goes until it's almost full and never indicates that it's fully charged.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Have you tried calibrating your phone's battery? Run the battery down to the point where it turns off and then stick it on the charger till it's full. Should fix the incorrect reading

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I'll try calibrating, but is the phone supposed to specify that it's fully charged?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
In the manual, while charging the battery icon at the top of the screen has a lightning bolt inside of it then when fully charged it is supposed to have a plug inside.

Reaction score
i'm not having any battery problem issues.. But then again, i've been trying to drain it completely for the first time. i haven't charged the phone for almost 2 days now..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the manual, while charging the battery icon at the top of the screen has a lightning bolt inside of it then when fully charged it is supposed to have a plug inside.

Just noticed that, it wasn't too clear at first, yep mine is fine.

Reaction score
I think the battery indicator is not accurate, I have seen my fluctuate up and down without charging it. There will probably be an update for this as they get more complaints like they did with the macbook pros

Reaction score
Mine seems fine so far. I haven't run it down yet, but it will get there soon.

Reaction score
I woke up this morning and the battery seemed to be in the same place
as it was the night before when I plugged it in and looked up the issue on
apples web site and came across this

>iPhone has an internal rechargeable battery. To charge the iPhone >battery:

>Connect iPhone to a power outlet using the included cable and power >adapter
>to charge the battery.
>Or connect iPhone to your computer (not your keyboard) using the included
>cable to charge the battery and sync. Your computer must be turned on >and not in sleep or standby mode. If iPhone is connected to a computer >that's not
>turned on or is in sleep or standby mode, the iPhone battery may drain.

The Above statements can be found here ---> http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=305742
I think my issue is I have a Mac Book which I shut down each night
but figured if It was PLUGGED IN it would charge. I Figured Wrong.
So I hope this can help a few other people with the same issue. I
ended up taking out the plug and plugging into the wall.
I will post up in a few hours to see if it comes to a complete charge.

Reaction score
The plug is the answer for me and hour later its at a full charge.
So be advised if you leave it plugged into your computer and it goes to
sleep or you shut it down it wont charge the phone.

Reaction score
Also, here's something I found on the Apple site regarding out of warranty battery issues...

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/service/battery/

For the lazy -

What is the iPhone Battery Replacement Program?
If your iPhone requires service only because the battery’s ability to hold an electrical charge has diminished, Apple will repair your iPhone for a service fee of $79, plus $6.95 shipping. Be sure to follow these instructions for optimizing battery life and troubleshooting battery charging issues before submitting your iPhone for battery replacement.

How much does it cost to participate in the program?
The program costs $79, plus $6.95 shipping. The program cost is $85.95 per unit.
All fees are in US dollars and are subject to local tax. Service may not be available if your iPhone has been damaged due to accident or abuse. Please review Apple’s Repair Terms and Conditions for further details.

Will the data on my iPhone be preserved?
No, the repair process will clear all data from your iPhone. It is important to sync your iPhone with iTunes to back up your contacts, photos, email account settings, text messages, and more. Apple is not responsible for the loss of information while servicing your iPhone and does not offer any data transfer service. Please do not send any accessories with your iPhone.

How long will service take?
The repair process normally takes three business days.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.