Connecting to the net

M

mattk

Ok, i have been trying diffrent settings for 2 days now trying to get my PB to get online. I tried DHCP with no success saying i have a "generated IP" or something and i "may not be able to connect."
I never could connect using DHCP anyways.
Before i used to connect manually entering my info. So i tried that, no success. Its the correct info to my knowledge seeing iplug it right into my Pc and bam my Pc can get online.

In the network settings the light turns green and says im connected with IP so and so, yet i am really not connected.

*** is going on?
Also i was just online with it the other day using the same info.
I have a router, did i uncheck something or change something that involves connecting with a router?

Matt.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Ok.. What type of connection you connecting to? Hmm.. a router, so this could be one of the following.... is it DSL, Cable Modem or ADSL?

OP
M

mattk

cable.

its weird, i was about to rip the **** ethernet from the wall i was so pissed then it works. it randomly works. i unplug it and bam it wont work for a couple hours... lame.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
If you are switching the plug between PC and Mac i suggest you unplug the cable modem to reset it when you switch between the two...this allows each of them to acquire the IP and DHCP from the modem as it connects

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
I plugged my ethernet cable into my powerbook and was able to connect to the internet without setting anything. I'm on adsl and using a router between 3 computers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" PowerBook G4 1GB ram 1,33Ghz superdrive,
i had the same problem with my PB ti....

i have cable too .....i have a pc and a mac i took the same numbers from my pc and wrote it to my mac and it connected , that was the only solution .....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.