Mac anti-spyware

B

bas1989

I am in need of some kind of anti-spyware for my eMac.I haven't had much luck locating any online...any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You cant find any because there is no spy-ware on macs...just do the basic erase cookies but thats all there is to it

OP
B

bas1989

thanks

Thats what I figured,but my windows xp-using wife says otherwise.I think she's just jealous because my OS is a Jaguar and her OS is a Chevy,or a Buick...,come to think of it,looks more like a Yugo........

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/10491 That is the only real system maintainance program that I think you should download. It runs "crons" which clear out some internet information to keep things in check....OS X does this automatically but at late hours only if the computer is on.

Other than that whenever you do a system update or install a new program you should repair permissions. Go to Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility....Select your Macintosh HD and click repair permissions.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
When I'm using Macs, I simply feel like I'm on "Vacation"....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 2.2GHz powered by AMD Opteron - *Sends G5 & 8Gb Ram to scrap heap* Yeah! finally switched BACK!
Did somebody say 'Spy-Ware'?

Gosh... Must be a Switcher...
Woohoo... Welcome to Macintosh!

:)

OP
B

bas1989

Never been a switcher,pal.Started with the best.

Been using Macs since 1994.Been online since 1995.First browser was Macweb.Never owned a PC.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
bas1989 said:
Been using Macs since 1994.Been online since 1995.First browser was Macweb.Never owned a PC.
I would love to see some pics of the more classic Macs you may still have :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac 2.8GHz Dualcore 24'' / 2GB SDRAM / Snow Leopard 10.6.1 / external HD LaCie 500Gb
I ask that question a month ago and they told me that there's no spywares on mac but there's a lot of trojan virus that seems to act like spywares. Be sure to have a good anti-virus software it should help! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
bellastrada said:
I ask that question a month ago and they told me that there's no spywares on mac but there's a lot of trojan virus that seems to act like spywares. Be sure to have a good anti-virus software it should help! ;)

There are no known viruses for Macs. Even if there were, they would not be able to do any severe damage (if any at all) to your Mac, due to the security of OS X.
To the original poster, yes there are anti-virus programs for Mac, but at least in this Mac user's opinion, they are a waste of your money. Mac anti-virus programs are about as useful and do as much good for a Mac as an AirConditioner is to an eskimo in the Arctic.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.