AT&T vs Verizon Wireless

Reaction score
Very True I forget where I read but a spokes person for AT&T said it was not put in due to the drain on the battery. who knows if this is true or not.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I don't think it's true. At least it's probably not significant enough to be the reason to leave 3G out. Someone on this forum mentioned when they upgraded from the 8125 (EDGE) to the 8525 (3G), which are both very very similar and use the exact same battery, he didn't notice any real loss in battery life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
But since Apple is working with Vodafone in Europe to offer the iphone over there it will be 3g at release. Vodafone is not to thrilled with Apple either.

T-Mobile just landed the exclusive rights to the iPhone in Germany. The deal with Vodafone is not final yet, they have many options to choose from.

Also, from what I read, it will be a 3G version that is coming to Europe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
The scariest part about this thread is the fact that fleurya was the voice of reason...;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Hey thanks Baggss! That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! ;)

Reaction score
Well here is the thing, the way it works is if your (enter wireless carrier name here) coverage is not good in an area there could be two things wrong, 1. No towers, or 2. (Which is most likely) A carrier has bought exclusive rights to an area, this happens a lot around here and where I go to school, I sell AT&T Verizon and sprint phones, and its funny when you overlay thier maps you will see what im talking about..

Reaction score
Enjoy AT&T. After a two year contract and the worst customer service and billing problems I'd ever experience, I have to say there is no way that I would ever do business with that company again. Ever. If it means I'll never be able to get an iPhone, then so be it.

I have had AT&T Wireless since 2002 and have not had the problems this guys has had. Maybe it is because I get what I expect from my wireless carrier, phone service and data service. I have never had a billing issue but when I was with (you all remember AirTouch?) Verizon I had bills that they could not explain to me how to read and when showing the bills to others (friends, family and people on the street) none could explain them to me either and most said that have the same problem with AirTouch bills as well. I am not sure if they have improved their billing from then till now as I have not been with them for many years but if it is still like then I would bet you must have an IQ of 190 to read the darn thing.

But anyways enough of that back to knocking AT&T since I have not had the problems this guy has had I would have to ask the question is he asking them to do something that a cell phone carrier is not able to do like shine his shoes or scrub his back? I could see an issue there if he is and if that is an add on plan then maybe I should check into it so I can see if I have the billing problems this guy has had as well. Till then IPhone here I come! :Angry-Tongue:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IPhone
Who cares if a 3G version comes out for Christmas.

I'm enjoying my iPhone right NOW.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
OP
jab119
Reaction score
like screwball said, wireless coverage is a hit or miss for any wireless company.

there are areas where home owners accosications will NOT allow cell towers because they are ugly to look at. Some other areas of cities or towns may have zoning restrictions not allowing cell towers. There may be other restrictions you may not know about that prevents wireless companies from providing coverage in certain areas.

Also inter-carrier roaming is way more common than you think.

In many cases if GSM company A has poor coverage in zone C, they will make a roaming agreement with GSM company B to provide coverage for Company A's customers in that area. It completely transparent to all customers.

same goes with the CDMA carriers.

Oh, lets say you live in New York and then travel to Chicago. you are "roaming" even though you are still on your companies network, or on the other companies system that has a roaming agreement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
like screwball said, wireless coverage is a hit or miss for any wireless company.

there are areas where home owners accosications will NOT allow cell towers because they are ugly to look at. Some other areas of cities or towns may have zoning restrictions not allowing cell towers. There may be other restrictions you may not know about that prevents wireless companies from providing coverage in certain areas.

Also inter-carrier roaming is way more common than you think.

In many cases if GSM company A has poor coverage in zone C, they will make a roaming agreement with GSM company B to provide coverage for Company A's customers in that area. It completely transparent to all customers.

same goes with the CDMA carriers.

Oh, lets say you live in New York and then travel to Chicago. you are "roaming" even though you are still on your companies network, or on the other companies system that has a roaming agreement.

obviouspp5.jpg

OP
jab119
Reaction score

sorry for trying to explain what many people dont know, its obvious you know it all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
I posted the below in another post, but wanted to share it here.

Everyone is griping about the iphone only being available on the AT& wireless network.

Why you ask, read below and get informed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Apple went to Verizon Wireless first to support the iphone.

if you Google search you will find this info.

Apple and Verizon wireless had been working together for better part of a year, then Verizon Wireless told Steve Jobs to shove the iphone up his I LOVE SPARKLY DOLLIES. The demands Apple wanted were not flexible and gave Apple WAY (and I mean WAY) too much control over the device.

The Only other wireless carrier able to distribute and support the iphone was AT&T.

T-mobile, Sprint and Alltells networks are NOT nearly as good as either AT&T or Verizon. They never will be.
You dont push a high end neato gadget with the # 3 or # 4 carrier in the wireless market, Its NOT good business sense.

one of the problems AT&T had with apple was AT&T wanted to lower the price of the iphone to better appeal to the consumer as well as more attractive rate plans. Apple demanded the pricing be set to where they are today and would not budge. AT&T bowed down to Apple.

So you can thank Steve Jobs, NOT AT&T, for the cost and ALL the short falls of your over priced gadget.

yes a 3g version will be out just in time for Christmas.... suckers
But, by Verizon balking and not giving into Steve Jobs demands, they lost out, no? If you want the iPhone, you have to switch to AT&T.

Reaction score
Enjoy AT&T. After a two year contract and the worst customer service and billing problems I'd ever experience, I have to say there is no way that I would ever do business with that company again. Ever. If it means I'll never be able to get an iPhone, then so be it.

There are thousands of customer with each and every carrier who feel the exact same way. Its all about personal experience. I for one had horrible service with Verizon and have had beyond excellent service with AT&T. I am by no means saying AT&T is better, just my personal experiences have been better. Like I said you will find the same opinion about EVERY carrier.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.