First Minor Issue

Reaction score
I just activated my 8G iPhone ( which I love so far) and found my first ***** about it. I want a regular ring tone!!!!!

If thats all I have to ***** about I'll be way happy too!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I would expect in a future software update the ability to select ringtones

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
No ringtones? Gosh, I'm shocked, who would've thought something that simple would not have been included.

Must be too high-tech for something like a "regular" ringtone. LOL...:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Here's what I said about ringtones on another thread:

Ringtones are one of my biggest gripes. It's not iPhone specific, but for most phones. The reason is that you're basically paying for the same song twice, and that isn't more obvious than with the iPhone. From what I hear, you'll pick a song from your playlist, and for a 99 cent fee, Apple runs it through a process to make a 30 second ringtone. So, you pay again for just a snip of audio you already own?? That's just crazy!

I guess I'm spoiled because, with my Motorola, I can use their software (Motorola Phone Tools) to take a song I have and turn it into a ringtone FOR FREE! Plus, I get to choose what part of a song I want and how long I want it to be. Of course the software has a cost, but it also does much more than ringtones, and I've definitely gotten much more than my money's worth from it.

honestly, I was really hoping/expecting that Apple, being a seller of songs already, would be really cool and just allow users to assign songs as ringtones for no charge. But I guess they felt like squeezing a little more money out of their faithful customers. sheesh

At least with other ringtones you didn't necessarily have to own the song first to have the ringtone, so you only had to pay once. From what I heard about the way Apple's system will work, you must buy the song first and then pay to have it converted. This could all change, of course, but it still sucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
So does the iPhone have ring tones or only songs used as ring tones. Being in a management position I would need to have normal ringtones.....it can be a little embarrassing for people to have wierd ringtones play in the middle of informal meetings (obviously you tun it off in a normal meetings)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
So does the iPhone have ring tones or only songs used as ring tones. Being in a management position I would need to have normal ringtones.....it can be a little embarrassing for people to have wierd ringtones play in the middle of informal meetings (obviously you tun it off in a normal meetings)
There are no songs. They aren't your standard ring phones, but you could probably find something to fit your needs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
From the videos, it looked like the mysterious man in black flipped through at least 20 pre-installed ringtones. Maybe someone who purchased can provide that info . . .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
Thats about how many there are. 20. No more and no way to get more right now. So hopefully you will like what they gave you. They are so so. I just left mine right now at the default one since none of them really excite me more than any other. Once we can do songs as ringtones I will like it more.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.