Smudges on my MacBook

Reaction score
Does anyone know in any good ways to get the smudges off of my Black MacBook? I know there has to be way.

Reaction score
Are you talking about the display screen or the body and keyboard?

BTW, have you tried washing your hands ;)

Reaction score
i think on the apple site or in the apple store you can buy proper cleaner stuff but i think that is just to make you spend money

jut use a cloth lol

OP
Title27GT
Reaction score
i think on the apple site or in the apple store you can buy proper cleaner stuff but i think that is just to make you spend money

jut use a cloth lol

No.
If you knew anything about what you're talking about you would know that cloths don't clean MacBook smudges and Apple does not sell its own solution.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
No.
If you knew anything about what you're talking about you would know that cloths don't clean MacBook smudges and Apple does not sell its own solution.

Perhaps he doesn't, but he's trying.

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will, however, clean off smudges from a Macbook. A search of this forum (or Google for that matter) would probably have found that tidbit of info.

Be nice to the n00bs, we've all been there once. (Unlike childhood, we can all be n00bs anywhere on the Internet. I'm almost 40, and I'm still kind of a n00b here on this forum.)

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest what to use for cleaning the gloss screens? There's this gross fingerprint RIGHT in the middle of my beautiful, beautiful screen and I don't even recall touching it. I don't know what to use to get rid of it. Will Mr. Clean work with that too?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.0 GHz CD, 20" iMac 2.16 C2D, Blackbook 2.16 GHz C2D
I have always just used a damp cloth followed by wiping it with a dry one. When I am using my thinking cap I only dampen half the cloth and use the dry side after.

I may be just a fringe lunatic for doing it that way but it does work. Iklear is also nice but sort of expensive for what it is.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.