Lost personal settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.33 Macbook Pro, 2gb Ram, 120gb hdd
Hello all,

Got a bit of a weird one. Shut my macbook pro down last night, everything was fine, didn't get any error messages or crashes or anything. This morning, I turn it on and I have lost all my settings. My desktop picture had gone, but all the apps that I have installed are still there. When I opened up ITunes, it came up with the licence agreement again. I checked the users and there was still only me in there.

I've also lost all my bookmarks in Safari and my email account (this is the bad one as I had lots of mail stored in there and I have no idea how to access this)

Checking the hard drive, all my music and pictures are still there. I just need to know if I can get my settings or, more importantly, my mails back

Many thanks in advance,

Glyn

M

MacHeadCase

Did you manually change the username in your home account (the name next to the house icon)?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
No, didn't change anything in there

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
For some reason, its also got rid of my dashboard widgets and how I had my function keys set up, but kept all my wireless internet connection details as well.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, I looked in there but I didn't change anything. The house has glynevandavies underneath it, there is a folder called glyn which seems to have nothing in it and a folder called shared.

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, fixed it. Thanks everyone for the help. For some bizarre reason, my library had been copied into my movies folder, and a new library was created.

No idea why or how it did that, but at least its working!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.