Speck See Thru Covers-negative reviews galore on apple

Reaction score
ok i was planning on buying the clear speck see thru cover for my 17 inch macbook pro...granted the following link is for the 13 in macbook in pink it still raises some concerns that leave me a bit uneasy about my potential purchase..

the main complaint people have is that it scratches up their laptops!

tm779zma_125.jpg

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=E2DCBC2E&nplm=TM779ZM/A

^ read about it there...does anyone else have a better reccomendation?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
ok i was planning on buying the clear speck see thru cover for my 17 inch macbook pro...granted the following link is for the 13 in macbook in pink it still raises some concerns that leave me a bit uneasy about my potential purchase..

the main complaint people have is that it scratches up their laptops!

tm779zma_125.jpg

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=E2DCBC2E&nplm=TM779ZM/A

^ read about it there...does anyone else have a better reccomendation?

I had one on my MBP. I can't imagine how it would scratch the case, that wasn't my problem at all. I felt it offered very good protection. My main point of contention was how it had a tendency to catch between the bottom and top parts at the hinge. No matter how I fiddled with it, it would be fine through a few opens/closes, but then it would catch after some movement and time.

I returned the first and got a second and found the fit to be much better. After awhile, I just grew tired of it, particularly near the palm rest where it had a bit of a sharp edge. In my opinion, the aluminum casing is resilient enough to scratches unless you tend to carry your machine outside of a notebook bag.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
no negatives here for the 15" MBP. Mine's been nothing but good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP C2D, 1 GB ram, 120GB HD
no negatives here for the 15" MBP. Mine's been nothing but good.

same here. i got the red one. edit:

i forgot to post about the heat. i notice my book ran slightly hotter with the case on. nothing to whine about, but it's a heat shield nonetheless.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.