iPod Is Not Recognised on MacBook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.16GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD - 30GB iPod Video
Hi

I have just taken delivery of my macbook today, i'm a new user and, probably very naivly, thought that i would just be able to plug my iPod in through the USB port and it would be recognised. When i plugged it in and loaded up iTunes nothing was found, it was not displaying in Finder either. I thought this may be have been a cable issue so I went and bought a new one but there is still no difference. Can anyone tell me what the issue might be? Am I supposed to do something other than connect the iPod in order for it to be recognised?

I think it could be an issue with the device itself and if so then I think a new one is in order as i would grudge paying the £120 service fee when i could get a brand new shiny one for £180.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions anyone may have.

Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Core 2 Duo 2.16Ghz, 500GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 128MB ATI Radeon X1600
Um.

What kind of iPod is it? You know, nano, 5G, photo, shuffle, mini...

What you did should have worked.

It doesn't show in Finder though, that's not meant to happen.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.16GHz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160GB HD - 30GB iPod Video
It's a 30GB Video...I've had it since it came out and it was working fine until recently. Then a few weeks before I got rid of my old PC it stopped being recognised on that, i guessed it was because that old machine was falling apart at the seams anyway but now with it not being recognised on my mac i'm thinking it might actually be the iPod itself...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.