Sharing a second hard drive on Mac OS X

R

richardbrenkley

I have a Mac G4 and just installed a second (slave) har drive. I have OS X 10.3 and run a home network with 2 Winddows XP machines on it.

I have enabled Windows sharing and can open, save and work with files on the Windows shared folders from my Mac. On the Windows machines, I can also see my user folder on the Mac, but i cannot see any other folders and cannot see the second hard drive or any of the folders within it.

Turning on Windows sharing on the Mac seems to just share my user folder. how can i share the second drive or some of the folders on that drive?

Thanks

OP
D

datars

richardbrenkley said:
I have a Mac G4 and just installed a second (slave) har drive. I have OS X 10.3 and run a home network with 2 Winddows XP machines on it.

I have enabled Windows sharing and can open, save and work with files on the Windows shared folders from my Mac. On the Windows machines, I can also see my user folder on the Mac, but i cannot see any other folders and cannot see the second hard drive or any of the folders within it.

Turning on Windows sharing on the Mac seems to just share my user folder. how can i share the second drive or some of the folders on that drive?

Thanks

See if this page can help
http://hometown.aol.com/pwrmactnt/joelshoemaker/computer/mac/macfilesharing.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.