YouTube App

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
Just got my iPhone and I must say it's one of the most amazing gadgets I've ever used, but how come it seems like not all of youtube's content is on the youtube app? Is it taking them a while to add it? I find videos on my computer that don't show up on the phone.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Just got my iPhone and I must say it's one of the most amazing gadgets I've ever used, but how come it seems like not all of youtube's content is on the youtube app? Is it taking them a while to add it? I find videos on my computer that don't show up on the phone.

The iPhone does not support Flash Video, but H264 and apple and google are working to convert all of You Tube content into H264, but not all is converted at yet. That is why you can't find it all at this time. So be patient and soon all will be available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4 GHz C2D 160 GB HDD 2 GB RAM
Yeah they haven't added all the YouTubes video to the iPhone yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2 GBs Ram, 250gb My Book, 500gb Lacie,40gb 3rd Gen ipod,60gb ipod video
I remember reading that they have only converted about 10k videos into H264, so for now you're limited to what they have converted.

OP
Fromasta Flex
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
ah, thanks for the info, good to know that they'll add it eventually.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
no flash support?:|

i no longer want an iphone.

(okay, yea, i still do.. but wow.. that sucks)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.