changing font size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe
CALLING ALL GEEKS _ PLEASE !
ok. OK
let's say I want to have it regular font size on the "hard-copy, but, because I have vision disabilities, I need to see a much larger version on my monitor,
How do I set this up? And I would like to turn ON and OFF, selectively. I hope
I'm not expecting too much!?!:\

Reaction score
u can use the zoom feature in the universal access section of system pref...u can customize ur zoom level and just scroll to see the whole doc without actually changing it to be a larger font...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Well, most word processing applications can be set to zoom the document to a percentage above actual size...you could set up the default new-document template to be zoomed to whatever you feel comfortable with. This would apply to new blank documents in these applications only.

For Word, edit the Normal template, inside the Microsoft User Data folder in (probably) your Documents folder. For AppleWorks, follow these instructions. For iWork/Pages, try these directions.

Other than that, there is a system-wide zoom option in the Universal Access section of System Preferences. Press a keystroke to zoom in on the area of the mouse pointer. It may not be necessary to use this all the time, but you may find it helpful occasionally.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.