How to play video in Ipod Video?

Reaction score
I just purchased a Apple Ipod Video(30Gb), when i convert the video file into MPEG-4 format, it allowed me to drag into the Ipod, but when i actually play them in the Ipod, it will only play, but not display the graphic, just like playing a MP3, it will only show the pic of the video, and the time. Anyone know what's going on? any setting in the ipod i should adjust. I appreciate any help. thanks

Reaction score
I ran into something similar when I got my iPod. It sounds like to me that in the video settings you probably have "TV-Out" switched on, turn it off and it should be all good.

Reaction score
What did you use to convert the videos? When I first converted some it only did the video and had no audio.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz 4Gig Ram 250Gig HD
I ran into something similar when I got my iPod. It sounds like to me that in the video settings you probably have "TV-Out" switched on, turn it off and it should be all good.

That is probably your trouble. Go into video sttings and disable video out or simply choose the "TV Off" option when promted. Give that a try and see what happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.