Camping Out Was Unnecessary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I just got back from the Apple Store in SoHo (Manhattan) I was 340 on line and got there at 5:00. I got in the store fairly quickly. I did not buy a iphone (because i have Verizon and i dont have that much money to spend) but they sure had enough iphones to go around for everyone in line. I did manage to play around with the iphone that they had on display.

Reaction score
Yeah, there was zero need to camp out... I actually wanted to (did so for the 360 and wii). meh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
This is what I've been hearing as Apple had tons in stock. My cousin told me that there were about 150 people in line when the store opened but that they had 200 in stock and that more were coming in tomorrow, so really, no point in waiting. I feel real bad for those people who paid money to buy out the front spots :|

The videogame industry should learn something from this. Have more of your product in stock on launch day, or at least don't use the stupid tactic of intentionally limiting supply to give false impression of high demand!

Reaction score
I wonder how the eBay auctions are going to do, it looks like a lot of people bought them just to sell them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 " iMac Core2Duo, 2GHz Processor, 1 Gig of RAM, Mac OS X 10.5.3
I wonder how the eBay auctions are going to do, it looks like a lot of people bought them just to sell them.

Can I link to an auction here? Because I just saw one going for close to $20,000. Absurd to say the least.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
eBay is flooded with them. I think some of those sellers how bought a bunch of them might be in for a rude wake up call and will be returning a few.

Reaction score
Can I link to an auction here? Because I just saw one going for close to $20,000. Absurd to say the least.

I don't think linking to something like that would be against any of the rules. I saw that also, there is no way that guy will ever see the $20k.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I was thinking of buying one for that purpose, but when I saw how many were still left as of an hour ago, I know it would be tough to make more than even a little on it, unless people are just really lazy/dumb and don't realize they can pick one up tomorrow or something from their local Apple/AT&T store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's kind of like the PS3 situation where the prices fell out on eBay within a week of its release

Reaction score
I didn't get mine. The store I went to only had 40 units and I was # 48 or so. Oh well I ordered it and it might be here in a week or so. :x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.16 GHz
I just got back from the Apple Store in SoHo (Manhattan) I was 340 on line and got there at 5:00. I got in the store fairly quickly. I did not buy a iphone (because i have Verizon and i dont have that much money to spend) but they sure had enough iphones to go around for everyone in line. I did manage to play around with the iphone that they had on display.

You waited in line and had no plans to buy one???

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
You waited in line and had no plans to buy one???

Yep. Me and a few people around me were just there for the experience (and to take some pics). Besides, I only started waiting in line at 5. At around 6:30 i was already in the store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV

mi6

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air Core 2 Duo 2gig ram
lot in stock in Arizona....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IPhone
I just waited til Tuesday, checked the Apple availablity widget on their site, then drove to a store that they said had some.

They had 14 left when I bought mine.

No camping, no lines, no fuss.

I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Only 2 apple stores in the country have them in stock now

Reaction score
Only 2 apple stores in the country have them in stock now

You can't go by the Apple website. Just because it shows red for all but two stores doesn't mean the other stores don't have any phones. Apparantly the website only updates once per night and stores get deliveries in between. One store in my area at 4 pm Wednesday said they had lots of phones in stock though the site reported they had none. Right now, it still shows they have none, I am heading there soon to pick one up. You just gotta call instead of checking the website.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All of the AT&T stores in my area have sold out

Calling the local Apple Store to check availability

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
You can't go by the Apple website. Just because it shows red for all but two stores doesn't mean the other stores don't have any phones. Apparantly the website only updates once per night and stores get deliveries in between. One store in my area at 4 pm Wednesday said they had lots of phones in stock though the site reported they had none. Right now, it still shows they have none, I am heading there soon to pick one up. You just gotta call instead of checking the website.
Obviously things change but if you went to any of those stores after 9pm and before the next days shipments you wouldn't have found one

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.