Camping Out Was Unnecessary

Reaction score
The onlly thing that really sold out was the 8 gig and even that was only certain locations. And all you had to do if you didn't wanna drive across town to the next apple store was wait untill the next day. Apple was smart they sent in over 1.7 million iPhones.

Just think of those people in NY that started camping out 5 days early XD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IPhone
any info on when the next shipment will come out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I just got back from the Apple Store in SoHo (Manhattan) I was 340 on line and got there at 5:00. I got in the store fairly quickly. I did not buy a iphone (because i have Verizon and i dont have that much money to spend) but they sure had enough iphones to go around for everyone in line. I did manage to play around with the iphone that they had on display.

It might not have been necessary, but it sure was fun!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Looks like there isn't a problem with availability. I just walked into my local Apple Store and there plenty in stock. I grabbed an 8GB version and walked out.

I checked the status page a couple of hours before i went and it said the store was sold out. I checked it again after I bought it and found that there were plenty in stock. The lady at the counter told me that they get pretty regular shipments, so it's rare for customers to have to wait more than a couple of hours before another shipment is in.

Eh, doesn't matter to me anymore, I got my iPhone :D

Oh btw, I'm typing this on my iPhone ;P

Reaction score
I ended up just ordering a phone, case and car adapter/charger at Apple.com. I got tired of going to all the Apple stores and not finding an 8 Gig. It will save my sanity and time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.