Pre-installed software?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.16GHz 120GB 8X Double Layer Superdrive
Are there any pre-installed word processing programs on a new macbook without having to buy one. I think back in the day and/or now, PC's had a full version of Word already installed on them at no cost, or maybe im crazy?

Reaction score
With all due respect, I vote crazy! And speaking of crazy, take a look at TextEdit. It is ugly but it does about 95% of what most people need in a word processor. Did I mention ugly?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I wouldn't say crazy, more like a bit off. Most retail computers will ship with a copy of Microsoft Works with an option to upgrade to Microsoft Office.

Macs come with trial copies of Office 2004 and Apple's iWork 06. If you want a free option, I would suggestion you check out NeoOffice. It's a full office suite and fully compatible with Microsoft Office.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I wouldn't say crazy, more like a bit off. Most retail computers will ship with a copy of Microsoft Works with an option to upgrade to Microsoft Office.

my last two windows laptops only came with corel's word processor, no works even.

hotspur, just go to neooffice.org
is that free enough for you? ;P

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.