Need "one touch" back-up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none
Just bought a macbook for my daughter going off to college. I need an external hd for her to back up with and she really needs a "one touch" type solution so that that's all she has to do is plug it in and hit a button to back up her macbook. Any recommendations? I think I read somewhere that the Maxtor's don't have a mac client so I need something compatable with a mac that will back up with just a push of a button. Thanx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP l iPhone l iPod
what things would you like to back up? text documents, settings, school work?

OP
biguglyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none
what things would you like to back up? text documents, settings, school work?

I would like her to be able to back up the entire drive on a regular basis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2Ghz i7 Late 2011 MBP: 16GB Ram 500GB Seagate XT HD
I bought the mybook from western digital. It has a complete backup option in the software. It just depends on if you want the external to be portable or a stay at home backup drive. Hard drive size and whether you want firewire or not is important too.

OP
biguglyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
none
I just ordered this item from newegg. The important thing is to make it as simple as just pushing a button to do the back-up. I've found if I don't make it as quick and easy as possible, she won't take the time to do it. Which is why I have to do all the maintenance on her windows laptop which is another reason she now has a mac.:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.