Ctrl click vs place 2 fingers on trackpad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz C2D (Black), 4GB RAM, 320GB Disk, MAC OSX 10.6.1, AC, 80Gig Classic, iPhone 16G 3G
I've been using the Mac for 2 days and two finger click is really cool... ctrl what? :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 iMac 10.6.8 | 2009 MacBook uni 10.6.8 | 2010 MBA 10.8.5 |
If there were a ctrl key to the right of the space bar, I'd likely use ctrl + click ~ as there isn't, it's definitely the two finger + click. (My fingers are jumpy so I can't live with two finger tap!)

Reaction score
actually 3 options for secondary click (for macbooks anyway)

the three options include:

control+click
two finger tap
or two fingers then click

if clicking is enabled in system preferences/keyboard & mouse/trackpad (option just below zoom and just above dragging and drag lock) the track pad option will be the two finger tap. If clicking is not enabled, it will be the "placing two fingers on the trackpad, then click" option.

I LOVE the two finger second click, hate all the other options.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 13.3" 2.13ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2gb SDRAM 160gb HD
I seem to have only two options in my preferences. I don't see the two finger tap option there.

I use the two finger + click more than the ctrl + click. Two finger + click works best for lefties that type terribly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
BlackBook 13.3" 2.13ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 2gb SDRAM 160gb HD
Ohhh yeah... I btw I found it.

Geez. I think I remember how I got the two finger thingy to work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.