recording SOFTWARE !

Reaction score
Alright i decided in getting the i mac but whats a nice program to use to record with? I don't want to be over my head and pulling my hair out trying to use some app. I was first looking at Pro Tools with a Mbox 2 but i wasn't sure how hard that would be to work? Then i was looking at a PreSonus fire pod but i need some help picking something out?!? PLEASE HELP ?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
logic express, digitcal performer, garage band?

What pretty much anything is going to have a learning curve if you've never used it before.

Reaction score
Take a look at Amadeus II or Amadeus Pro, very easy to use audio editing software that lets you record, edit, and do lots of things. Works very nice.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.0 GHz, Core Duo, 2 GB Ram
I would just stick with Garageband. It's easy enough. I'm sure apple has some basic tutorials on their site, and you can probably google for more out there on the www.

Brian

Reaction score
I am personally going with protools. The way I see it, if its good enough for commercial CD's, its good enough for me!

Reaction score
i would start with garageband (as its free with the iMac you're getting) and then move into protools or logic as you get more advanced with the software and familiar with the OS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I am personally going with protools. The way I see it, if its good enough for commercial CD's, its good enough for me!

except when you get out of the low level input devices, the prices start to get insane.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.