How can i embed album art right into the ID3 tag of a song? id3 editor programs?

Reaction score
I have an archos mp3 player and in order for the album art to show up, i need the photo to be stored in the id3 tag. Itunes doesn't seem to allow this. So i guess what i need is a decent id3 tag editor that will allow me to embed the picture into multiple tracks at once.

I hope one of you has a good answer for me. Because this is getting frustrating. Luckily for me, you always seem to be able to answer my software related questions.

Thanks in advance
Dan

Reaction score
iTunes will embed it in the tag if you add the album art manually. Select the tracks you want to add art to. Make sure the lower left window is set to view art for selected tracks. Then simply drag an image to that lower left window. I drag images directly from Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
For bulk tagging, both artwork and other, I use MPFreaker. Worth every penny.

Reaction score
I select what I want to add art to right click it go to track info and drag the pic in it, it adds art to multiple items that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
If you're using a Mac (and if you're here, you should be), ;D and have artwork that iTunes downloads automatically for songs in your collection, there's an AppleScript you can get from Doug's Scripts called "Embed Artwork" that will take whatever songs you select and imbed the art into the ID3 tag. Downloaded iTunes artwork is kept in a separate database, but that script will shove it into the song itself so art will carry over to other, lesser players. I always run that script on any songs that I let iTunes download the art for me.

If you're not using a Mac...well, then the other ideas will work too.

Reaction score
hm, does anyone else have a problem where it wont let you edit the artwork on certain mp3s? it happens to me every once in a while. it doesnt say unmodifiable or whatever the exact phrase is, but it just doesnt stick, no matter if i do them individually or if i do the entire album at once.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.