Starship Titanic on OS X (or even Vista)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
intel iMac 20" monitor, OS X 10.4
Last year, for my birthday, my Parents bought me Starship Titanic, a game that I had enjoyed immensly at my grandparents' house. I ran it on Windows XP on my laptop with no problems (except I had to get a video codec patch). Now I am running Vista on my Intel iMac and I was wondering... Is there a way I can run Starship Titanic on Vista (I got to autorun and when I press "Install" it has a taskbar icon for the setup but it doesn't actually appear... If you need screenshots just ask), or can I run the Macintosh version on OS X? Please help, because I am really confuzzled on this one. :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
The info on the web seems to suggest that it is an older game, and that the ability to run it on XP required the Codec Patch you mentioned... It looks to me that the game isn't ready for Vista.

The Mac version is a PowerPC version according to this (CLICK!)... but because the game is not at all requirement heavy, I would guess it would run fine under Rosetta on your Intel Mac.

M

MacHeadCase

I played it last on 10.3.9 and it ran. Rosetta is your only chance since you are on an Intel-based Mac, like RIDE said.

OP
Mr Blue Sky
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
intel iMac 20" monitor, OS X 10.4
sweet, thanks
I'll research Rosetta (Something tells me I'm sounding stupid for not knowing what it is...) and check it out. :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.