Reattach "detached" key

A

andrewcfm

My one year old niece has managed to yank off the left shift button from my iBook - luckily, the stilt supporting the key wasn't broken, but im having problems reattaching it.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to do this? It's really irritating me at the moment!

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
If it wont snap on it is indeed broken... my little brother yanked EVERY key off of my PowerBook.
Enjoy paying a LOT of money for a new keyboard... I feel your pain. :(

But I could just be being pessemestic... so good luck on this issue. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
andrewcfm said:
My one year old niece has managed to yank off the left shift button from my iBook - luckily, the stilt supporting the key wasn't broken, but im having problems reattaching it.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to do this? It's really irritating me at the moment!

You should be able to snap it back on with a little manipulating, but if you don't feel comfortable forcing it, I'd take it to your nearest Apple store (assuming you have one nearby) and see if they can help you out. And don't let Absolute Zero scare you. ;) If it turns out that you actually do need a new keyboard, they aren't that expensive, especially if you shop on eBay.

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
Yeah... ignore the freezing one. He's a jerk.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Absolute Zero said:
Yeah... ignore the freezing one. He's a jerk.

LOL - I didn't call anyone names. The going rate on eBay for an iBook keyboard appears to be pretty reasonable and relatively inexpensive though. I just didn't want the poor guy to think he'd need a second mortgage to repair his machine. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.