downloaded Firefox.. restarted.. it disappeared

Reaction score
I was able to use it but when I restarted, the Firefox icon disappeared from the desktop and I can't find the application icon. What's going on?:\

(Oops! Sorry, I just discovered that I should have posted this question in OS X Applications and Games. Should I re-post it there?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
Did you check it in the applications folder. Normally the open items which appear in the dock will go when you quit the application or restart the machine. To keep it permanently in the dock right-click on the item and select the option 'keep in dock'

Hope this helps

OP
D
Reaction score
I must have goofed

OK, I checked the applications folder. I don't see it anywhere!

Eric, thanks for the graphic to make it clear. I think I opened the small Firefox window just where it says " Do not open the application here!"

(I'm an iMac newbee).
Anyway, it must be here somewhere.

OH wait sorry guys!! It is there, I just noticed the Firefox dmg file. When I opened it the volume drive appears. Boy I've got a lot to learn..

Reaction score
Lost Firefox also

I've also lost Firefox. The last poster said he had found it in the firefox dmg file. Sorry but I'm a newbie to Macs too, but where do I find that? and how do I put Firfeox in the dock (as they say).

Thanks for your help

Reaction score
but where do I find that?
If you mean you've downloaded Firefox but can't find the resulting .dmg file, run a hard-drive search to see where it's hiding.

If you have the file but can't find Firefox inside, you're likely looking at the so-called virtual drive's icon. The Firefox icon will be within that (click on eric's link, in his post above).

After Firefox is properly installed, drag it's icon in the Applications folder to the dock (at least with Tiger — dunno about Leopard, but I doubt this would change much). Dock icons are shortcuts (aliases in Mac-speak) to the real thing.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.