• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

5 ½ weeks to ship a standard MBP, Unacceptable!

Reaction score
I ordered the new 15" 2.4ghz Macbook Pro without any upgrades from a Mac1 store on the 13th of June.

On placing the order they told me i was 2nd on the list to receive one when the next shipment arrives. The expected delivery date was the 19th of June and it is the 29th today and i still haven't received it.

When talking to the staff of the mac1 store yesterday, they told me it will take another week to 3 weeks before they get any more stock in.
I asked them if i should have ordered it online. They sad it wouldn't have made any difference as it is an issue with the same supplier and is completely out of their control.

I'm a student studying Digital Art and as i need to use Final Cut i have been encouraged to make the switch to a mac. So fare my experience of Apple's services are dismal. 5 1/2 weeks is unacceptable wait for any laptop.

I hate having to complain especially on my birthday but i know its the only way they will improve their services.:Not-Amused: :Not-Amused: :Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
Wow 5 1/2 weeks is insane. I'm ordering mine online on july 16th, with some upgrades and I hope to recieve it within 2 week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
Over a month?? That's nuts man. And you didn't even do any customization to it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Can I ask why you didn't order from Apple.com?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
...it wouldn't have made any difference as it is an issue with the same supplier and is completely out of their control....

This is not entirely true. Apple still has a shipping estimate of 5-7 business days listed on their website. This estimate does change as their supply fluctuates. The issue seems to be something centered around the Mac 1 store and not Apple.

I would advise canceling your order at Mac 1 and placing an order online directly from Apple.

OP
Raven56
Reaction score
Can I ask why you didn't order from Apple.com?

Sure

I had planed on ordering one as soon as i finished my last exam. As we have a Apple Store on campus I thought i would check my luck straight after and c if i could pick one up. Sadly i wasn't so lucky and they said they were out but if i placed an order for one now i would be 2nd from the top of the list to receive one when the order comes in the following week.
As on the apple site it estimates a delivery of 1-2 weeks i thought i may as well place the order at the store.

The order is still yet to arrive.:(

OP
Raven56
Reaction score
This is not entirely true. Apple still has a shipping estimate of 5-7 business days listed on their website. This estimate does change as their supply fluctuates. The issue seems to be something centered around the Mac 1 store and not Apple.

I would advise canceling your order at Mac 1 and placing an order online directly from Apple.

Thanks Devilboy

I think I'll give the Mac store another call and try to get a straight answer from them. My patience is wearing thin, though if i do cancel my order apple.com currently estimate 1-2 weeks shipment with the educational discount.

The problem may relate to the end of the financial year. Either way, does anyone knows were i should make a formal complaint?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I ordered the new 15" 2.4ghz Macbook Pro without any upgrades from a Mac1 store on the 13th of June.

On placing the order they told me i was 2nd on the list to receive one when the next shipment arrives. The expected delivery date was the 19th of June and it is the 29th today and i still haven't received it.

When talking to the staff of the mac1 store yesterday, they told me it will take another week to 3 weeks before they get any more stock in.
I asked them if i should have ordered it online. They sad it wouldn't have made any difference as it is an issue with the same supplier and is completely out of their control.

I'm a student studying Digital Art and as i need to use Final Cut i have been encouraged to make the switch to a mac. So fare my experience of Apple's services are dismal. 5 1/2 weeks is unacceptable wait for any laptop.

I hate having to complain especially on my birthday but i know its the only way they will improve their services.:Not-Amused: :Not-Amused: :Not-Amused:

Well, it is an upgraded model and basically new, so if Apple is like Microsoft(Xbox gaming division people) or Sony or Nintendo, they announce the new product and ship it out as soon as possible without regards that demand far out weighs supply.

All you can do is cancel the order and go buy another computer from some where else. That, or just wait. :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
I ordered my macbook online and it arrived 3 days after...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo ~ 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ~ 160 GB HD ~ 15" Glossy LED Screen

I ordered mine at the Apple store online on the 12th of June and I received it on the 21st. I did get the glossy screen which did make it ship a couple days later than if I would've gone with the matte screen. You should maybe see if you could cancel your order at the store and order it online.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro
Same here - I placed my MBP (with a glossy screen) at my local Mac Vendor and was told it would be 7 - 14 days as they glossy screens had to be ordered directly from Apple. Mine came in in 10 days. Mac1 seems to be yanking your chain. Cancel and order elsewhere.

H

Reaction score
i ordered that same model off ebay...i won the auction june 8th and i got the computer on the 22nd, a day earlier than it was supposed to come. apparantly this reseller (in california) orders the computers straight from apple.

it's worth the wait, you love it that much more when it finally comes. a month is pretty ridiculous though...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.