Default Finder View

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

etaon

How can I set the default view in Finder to be the List view? I don't want to his command-2 every time I open a new directory. I looked in the Finder preferences and view options, but I didn't see anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
etaon said:
How can I set the default view in Finder to be the List view? I don't want to his command-2 every time I open a new directory. I looked in the Finder preferences and view options, but I didn't see anything.

finder remembers the last setting for view. you dont have to change it every time you open the window

OP
E

etaon

It remembers the last setting for a specific directory I've already opened, but whenever I open a new directory that I haven't opened before in Finder, it defaults to the Icon view. Is that how it should normally behave?

Reaction score
I couldn't believe how "undocumented" and hard this was to figure out.

The desired view will "take" if

- you are currently on an Administrator account, and
- you change the view (via the view selectors) while the Home account/folder is selected.

Paolo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.