How can i program my 5D mouse?

Reaction score
hi, i have a intel base Macbook, and i just purchased a 5d supported mouse. but the back and forward botton doesn't work, and i know it supports 5D, so i am wondering how i am able to program it. thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
hi, i have a intel base Macbook, and i just purchased a 5d supported mouse. but the back and forward botton doesn't work, and i know it supports 5D, so i am wondering how i am able to program it. thanks

You need a driver that has support for these buttons. Check out Steermouse. I've never heard of that particular brand/model of mouse, but Steermouse has support for a lot of popular mice. You can try the demo and see if you like it. That's pretty much your only option except if the mouse came with its own Mac OS driver.

OP
V
Reaction score
thanks dude, it works, do u have any other cool websites that feature Mac software. I am a Mac newbie. thanks...

OP
V
Reaction score
now after i install this software, when i use mozilla, i am not able to open a tab, or close a tab by clicking the middle botton, how am i able to fix it. thanks

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
now after i install this software, when i use mozilla, i am not able to open a tab, or close a tab by clicking the middle botton, how am i able to fix it. thanks

If Steermouse doesn't offer that function, I'm not sure that there's any way you can customize that button to your liking. That may be a program-specific features. Have you checked the preferences for Mozilla?

Reaction score
Try USBOverdrive.
http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/7115/usb-overdrive-x
Works on almost any mouse, programs all the buttons. Not free though...

While USB Overdrive is a decent driver software it does cause complications with other hardware. I used it for a while and noticed that it doesn't play well with macally keyboards. That's why I use Steermouse now. It's more hassle-free when it comes to hardware-related complications and the support is excellent.

kuchiki

Reaction score
Odd, first I've heard of that. I'm using a Macally iKey and have never had problems.

Reaction score
Odd, first I've heard of that. I'm using a Macally iKey and have never had problems.

Hmm..weird...I have the Macally iKey5 (with the volume keys, eject and power key) and USB overdrive messed up the volume keys and the power key. After contacting macally support they replied that usb overdrive causes some driver issues with the macally keyboards and suggested uninstalling usb overdrive. Now my keyboard works again and thanks to steermouse my vx does as well.

kuchiki

Reaction score
Are you using a Macally driver for your keyboard? Mine is older, just a power button. Just plugged it in and it works.
If you're using a driver, then I can see Overdrive causing problems with it.

Reaction score
Not using any drivers for my macally.
After asking technical support reply was that there is no need for drivers.
However, there was some kind of conflict with overdrive and the keyboard.

kuchiki

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.