• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Off-the-chart Macs in the pipeline

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
via Ars Technica

He [Jobs] then talked about iPhone in relation to the rest of Apple's business. Steve described it as trying to put the third leg onto a chair with only two legs. The first leg is the Mac business, which Steve addressed by saying that they have the "best Macs" in the new product pipeline ever right now, and that the stuff coming out in the next year is "off the charts." Wow, sounds juicy.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I, like probably everyone else on this forum, cannot wait!:Cool:

Hehe, it's not specific in the least but it is very heartening. Apple has a lot of good things on their plate right now. The iPhone is going to be a huge step forward for the cell phone industry and there are all kinds of good things going on with computer hardware - terabyte hard drives, quad-core chips, 3D and touchscreen technology, etc. Newer, slimmer, faster, better. Yay!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
meh, it's a big marketing statement that says little more than the obvious. Of course newer products are going to be better. As for "off the charts" we'll see. I don't really think the iPhone has "revolutionized the phone".

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
meh, it's a big marketing statement that says little more than the obvious. Of course newer products are going to be better. As for "off the charts" we'll see. I don't really think the iPhone has "revolutionized the phone".

I think it's revolutionized the usability of the cell phone.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ma bell break-up
touch-tone dialing
cordless
caller id
cellular

those were revolutions

everything else is evolution.

;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I think it's so cool that Max Smart's shoe-phone has a rotary dial =)

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
there's not much about maxwell smart that wasn't super cool.

:D

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM 320GB HD, 15" Macbook Pro 2.53 Ghz 4GB RAM 320 GB HDD
"He said that when the Mac first came out, people talked about how some day, every computer would work that way..."

A little history lesson if you guys don't mind -

What was he refering to, and what was the real big difference in 1984?

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
"He said that when the Mac first came out, people talked about how some day, every computer would work that way..."

A little history lesson if you guys don't mind -

What was he refering to, and what was the real big difference?

I would assume that he's referring to the point-and-click interface. Everything else used command line, which geeks loved but "normal" people feared. A nice GUI where you could click to open folders instead having to remember a command was a big change for computer users. Of course, every other operating system went on to adopt this system. Hopefully the usability for cell phones will increase due to the iPhone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 1.83. iBook G4.
revolution: A dramatic and wide reaching change in the way something works or is organised or in peoples ideas about it.

evolution: the gradual development of something.

Is it possible that the iPhone is an evolutionary revolution?? hmmm I need to sit down - my head hurts!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.