Macbook Won't Boot/Eject DVD-r

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm relatively new to the whole Mac world, (just bought my first Mac Book) and have loved it, until today that is.

I was in the middle of burning a Dvd-r, when my mac book said it had to restart, although it didn't say why, I did it.

When it tried to boot after being restarted, it took me to a gray screen, at which point I held down the option key, but nothing happened.

I believe it will not boot because it is trying to read the disc and can't, I would just eject the disc but I can't , and yes i've tried holding the eject key, command E, turning it so the disc drive is facing down and hitting eject and I even tried to boot in safe mode, none of the above has worked. My Macbook is brand new, under 2 weeks old, and I'm at a loss as far as ideas to fix my problem.

Any help is appreciated,, Thanks Guys and Gals

Preston

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
holding down the trackpad button while you turn it on, ejects what ever disc you have in there.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If holding down the trackpad/mouse does not work -
When you boot, hold down cmd+option+O+F and when you get to the command line type 'eject cd' hit enter then macboot or 'mac boot' (it tells you which one on the top of the screen)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.