New to Mac.. Need some help

Reaction score
I was just given an older laptop, but have no clue on how to remove applications. It's a G3 with a 500mhz processor. The OS is OSX but it also has OS 9.

I hope this is enough info, if you need more I will gladly give it.

Thanks.
Theo

Reaction score
1) This is posted in the wrong place
2) Drag apps to trash.(they should be under applictions.)
3) Empty trash.

OP
T
Reaction score
1)Thanks dragonos. I've never posted anything in any forum in the internet before, so I was sure I was doing it wrong. Thanks.. Do you have any links or directions to the correct location?
2) I have no idea how to get to applications. I have never even touched a Mac computer before.
3) how do I empty the trash?

If you can, or someone else, give me a link that leads to directions, thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Double click the Macintosh Hard Drive Icon in the Upper Right corner of the desktop... Then double click the Applications folder.... Now click/hold and drag the Application folder to the trash.

Click on the Trash icon... In the Menu bar, on the upper left corder of the desktop click FILE.... then select Empty Trash.

1) Have a Great day
2) See number 1

OP
T
Reaction score
Thanks Ride..

I have another question, if that's OK.

With windows, when you remove a application, you have several files left behind in different areas. Does Mac have the same issue? And, if so, how will I know if it's safe to delete them?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.