Studio 3D max on Mac??...

Reaction score
hi guys.

I run my studio 3d max (3d modelling program) on my Acer laptop & since I will be getting a MacBook soon I was just wondering if there is 3D Max for Apple or any programs of that equivalent?..

thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" iBook G4
Macs lack 3D programs, majority are designed for Windows, you could install Windows on your Macbook allowing you to run Studio Max.

Reaction score
There is also Cheetah 3D, if you're looking for a cheaper alternative. It's obviously not at the level of 3DS Max but it's plenty powerful.

Reaction score
Something similar to Cheetah 3d is Blender, the only differences is that Blender is free and open source and has a HUGE community. You can also import files from 3ds Max as long that it uses the same extensions. Don't let Blender fool it is a really powerful program that fits in 9 Megabytes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
There's also Maya, which is made by Autodesk as well as 3DsMax. It's very similar, but also very different at the same time.

Mind you, the standard version is $2000.. Then again, if you can afford 3DsMax, then you can afford Maya.

OP
N
Reaction score
wow.. good responses. that really helped. will check out every single one of them.

thanks guys.

OP
N
Reaction score
OMG...Architosh is a BRILLIANT website..
even more so since its related to atchitecture..
good stuff

Reaction score
Something similar to Cheetah 3d is Blender, the only differences is that Blender is free and open source and has a HUGE community.
Well, don't leave out the difference that Blender has an absolutely obtuse interface that will require at least a week of brain training to get used to. :) Cheetah is very standard OSX UI oriented, which I prefer.

M

MacHeadCase

OMG...Architosh is a BRILLIANT website..
even more so since its related to atchitecture..
good stuff

Glad you liked the link, nicholas. I studied for a while in architecture about 20 years ago. My favourite architect is Frank Lloyd Wright but there are lots of good architects out there. :)

Reaction score
Didn't realize that Autodesk makes both Max and Maya now. That's interesting.

Also didn't realize that Maya runs on OS X natively. Might have to give a call to a couple friends in the right places. :p

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.