Final aid before my first Macbook!...

Reaction score
so after much help from all around, this is the specs of the MacBook I have chosen to suit my usage & budget. Could have gotten a 17" IMac for the same price but i prefer the mobility of the MacBook.

MacBook 13"

Processor: 2.16GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4MB shared L2 cache
Display: 13.3-inch (viewable) glossy widescreen, 1280 x 800 pixels
Memory: 1GB (two SO-DIMMs) (Option: Up to 2GB)<---still undecided. help?
Hard drive: 120GB Serial ATA, 5400rpm
Optical drive: 8x double-layer SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Graphics: Intel GMA 950 graphics processor with 64MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory

I'm an architecture student & will be dealing with programs like PS, SketchUp, & 3d Max. Do you guys thing that the specs above will be sufficient?

thanks guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB White 160GB, 2GB RAM,
seems good except RAM. I would prefer (and I have) 2Gb RAM....

J

jamesx

Upgrade to 2 gigs your self after you buy the note book from a company like Crucial... you will save a lot of money and it wont void your warranty... its really simple to upgrade... but either way, it would be good to get 2 gigs with those programs! just to let you know as far as price goes, i upgraded my macbook from 1 gig to 2 gigs for $85 from crucial, which was a fraction of what it was going to cost from apple!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.16 GHz 1gb Ram 250gb Hard drive, Macbook 1.83 GHz 2gb Ram 120 gb Hard drive
yea i did the same with the crucial memory(2gb)...apple memory is just way to expensive for me

J

jamesx

it is way to expensive... especially the fact that you are getting the same quality (if not better quality) from a company like crucial.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
What is the price for two 1GB sticks of RAM for the MacBook from Crucial?

Reaction score
Check out the numerous "deals" sites, 2gb been going for under $100 last couple of months. IMHO any ram with lifetime guarantee is just fine. Been using no name in one book for months no problems have Crucial in daughters book no problems.

J

jamesx

I have also read that Newegg has some good deals too. just keep an eye out, most of the companies including crucial, have some good deals...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
it 175 to upgrade when buying the macbook and like 80 depending on the deal you get to do it yourself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.