• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

10 things you want to change about yourself

Reaction score
I decided to make a list of 10 things I want to change about myself, and here it is:
1) No more lying to people.
2) No more fast food.
3) No more energy drinks.
4) Mile run every morning.
5) Become vegetarian.
6) Be more calm.
7) Get a 4.0.
8) Start listening better.
9) No more talking badly about people.
10) Be confident, not cocky.

It's not going to happen in a day, and I know that. My expectations are high, but I don't want a temporary change, I want a lifestyle change.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
honestly i'm pretty happy with myself other than a few things. ten things really will be a stretch.

lose weight - at 6'1"-ish i really should be 180-190 not 250. i do want to be around as my nearly three year old boy and unborn child grow up.
procrastinate less - i'm far from a type a personality and i don't want to be one, but there are times i just have to get off my butt.
get organized - goes hand-in-hand with the one before this. i've tried PDAs, notebooks, etc - not much works for me yet.
get more serious about art again - i majored in art in college and have been artistic my whole life (photography, design, sculpture, writing, drawing); ended up as a computer operator and server support... feh.

that's pretty much it at this point. of course there are things on my want to do/see list, like watch citizen kane, but i don't put that in the same catagory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
Brendan, Def #2 for me- No More Fast Food. Cholesterol issues are very prominent in my family and I deal with it daily. I eat fast food or junk food and I feel clogged up so to speak.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
1. Exercise more often
2. Stop procrastinating (see how this fits into the first one? :p)

Other than that, I'm pretty happy with myself. :D

Reaction score
Don't have 10 things, but here's my list:

1. Lose weight. I've gained so much weight in the past few years due to an unhealthy diet. Need to be back where I was a few years back.
2. Go to the gym & start running
3. Quit smoking

That's pretty much it for now. I'm happy with everything else. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Well, not to be left in the dust, I'll jump in. But I don't have 10 things either.

1. LOSE WEIGHT thats a biggie for me
2. Hit the GYM more regularly.
3 Quit Smoking (I thing the Toughest of the 3 :\)

Reaction score
Definitely. Quitting smoking is the hardest habit I've ever tried to break. It's so gross and bad for you, but you keep on wanting one. **** nicotine. :x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I feel your pain. How long have u been smoking?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM
i have already started to workout, that was my big one. I used to be like 215-220 pounds and im 5'9, now im down to 200 last i checked, still need to lose like 15-20 pounds. that is the big thing. The next one is to really top off my look, i have narrowed it down a bit but i need to really fine tune it. oh and get a job, i have done oddjobs for a while this summer (ebay, photo show, camps) but i need a job to get money for a car.

Reaction score
Yeah I feel your pain. How long have u been smoking?

Off and on for about 15 years and I'm 29.... I really need to quit though.

i have already started to workout, that was my big one. I used to be like 215-220 pounds and im 5'9, now im down to 200 last i checked, still need to lose like 15-20 pounds. that is the big thing. The next one is to really top off my look, i have narrowed it down a bit but i need to really fine tune it. oh and get a job, i have done oddjobs for a while this summer (ebay, photo show, camps) but i need a job to get money for a car.

Good stuff. Good luck with it. I need to do the same. My target weight w/ muscle mass is going to be around 185. I'm 205 now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook, 2.0ghz C2D, 120gb hdd, 1gb RAM

Good stuff. Good luck with it. I need to do the same. My target weight w/ muscle mass is going to be around 185. I'm 205 now.

i live on a massive hill so it's a good spot for jogging, hard as it is

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
Let's see...

1. procrastinate less: I sometimes leave things to the very end to do.
2.help around the house more: ex. wash dishes, do laundry, vaccum,etc..
3.Get over my fear of driving: I don't like driving too far out. I only drive in my city and the city next door. It drives my b/f nuts!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Oh ok here are a few things I'd likeHave a to change about myself:

1. Procrastinate less.

2. Stop my compolsive hording. Only with cds mind you. But now I have so many singles and albums I have to to a giant leap over the mountain of music to get to my bed so I can get some sleep.

3. Remove my bags. Yeah I can blame my imac for this one haha. More likely my lack of will power to turn it off and get some good sleep. More sleep. Less mac. I know it'll be hard but I think my body needs it.

4. Have a stable weight. Well now I am 178 cm tall (or 5"9 I think) and I weigh around 55 KG or (122 of your US pounds i think.) A little skinny? I dunno. I just want something healthy.

5. Finish the book I am writing and try to get it published

6. Beat my fear of crowds

Umm that's about it for now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
5) Become vegetarian.

Good luck with that. I decided to be a vegetarian before I turned 24. I quit for a month after a whole year of not eating meat (I was always so tempted.) Since I quit for that month back in January, I haven't had the desire for one bite. It's a great way to live but don't think you'll lose a lot of weight doing it. In the beginning you will lose a significant amount if you are "bigger person" but a some of it will be gained back over time.

A few things I would like to change:
1. Have a little more patience with my kitten. (He really needs to calm down though)
2. Stop snacking from the vending machine at work. ($.75 for a Snickers is over the top!)
3. Keep my studio a little cleaner.
4. Quit spending all my money on my iBook projects. (I buy broken iBooks on eBay, fix them and resell them. my gf would probably like to take her out sometime soon)
5. Save some money for a new HDTV and to have some body work done to my car. (It has 2 little rust spots and it's about 4 shades or Milano Red)
6. Eat a little better
7. Exercise (i don't right now *boo*)
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

I only been smoking for 4 years, the most I went without a smoke was 1 week, but then I went back.

At least am not chain smoking any more, which I guess is 1 step in the right direction

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I could never give up meat, I like it too much :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8 Core 2.8, 6gb Ram, 2TB HD space, Geforce 8800GT//Macbook Pro 2.16, 2gb Ram
10. Stop drinking
9. No more junk food (including fast food, chinese food etc)
8. Stop relying on caffeine (tea for me) to get by
7. Get more sleep
6. Start weight lifting again (been so drained from work)
5. Pay off my debt
4. Be more disciplined with my money (relates to 5.)
3. Spend more time with friends and family (including my dog)
2. Finish writing up the hundreds of screenplays I started but never finished
1. Stop focusing on my faults, and focus on my strengths

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I could never give up meat, I like it too much :p

I used to eat Tyson chicken stuff everyday cause it's what my mom bought when I was home and in school. I got sick of the microwaved meals everyday. Plus, I can't stand ham or any sort of pig meat (except bacon) and was never a huge fan of steak. I never really understood people's facination with steak. Beef was good and once I read about how they grow and kill chickens, I couldn't open another box of chicken patties.

I love Taco Bell and surprisingly, they have the most diverse vegetarian menu in the fast food business. Those new 7 layer crunch wraps are delicious and the cheesy bean and rice burritos are irresistable at 99 cents. I can spend $2 and be full after a meal at Taco Bell. And the only Subway sandwich I like is the Veggie. Subway meats leave a lot of room for desire. (Can you tell I am hungry?) Oh, and chinese food is amazing. Tofu is great if it's cooked right. It's better than meat!

In the middle of my month of eating meat, my girlfriend said she was thinking of becoming a vegetarian. Now that I have her on my side and she's no longer scarfing down burgers in my face, it's so easy.

Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 Core 2 Duo, 160GB HD, 2gb RAM, Black Macbook | iPhone | OS X Leopard
Just some things off the top of my head:

1. Stop being so good looking
2. Dont be so smart all the time
3. Learn how to tell a lie (never done it before)
4. Stop being so good looking
5. Have less money (dont want to be spoiled)
6. Sell some of my cars
7. Give more money to charity (save the dolphins)
8. Eat more meat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Hmm, I think Im happy with the way I am. However, I might want to reduce my junk food eating habits. It seems as if thats been my main diet since starting college last year, although I haven't seen much weight gain (although it can't be good).

I would also like to stop downloading pirated software, YOU GUYS KNOW YOU DO IT TOO!! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.