Why do you want a phone everyone is going to have?

Reaction score
This is one of my main deterrents from the iPhone is that everyone will have them. I love the wow factor of being able to pull out my smartphone and having people ask who makes it and saying that I got my phone in Europe and that there are probably very few people in the states that have my phone. Everyone already knows everything about the iPhone..its not going to be unique and its not going to make anyone feel special or different about having one, you will just be labeled as either an "apple fanboy" or someone with "money to burn". Just my opinion, rant over.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
ask the same thing of mp3 players and why pople want an iPod.

;)

(not that i want or have either)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" 2.8ghz Macbook Pro, 32GB iPhone 4
This is one of my main deterrents from the iPhone is that everyone will have them. I love the wow factor of being able to pull out my smartphone and having people ask who makes it and saying that I got my phone in Europe and that there are probably very few people in the states that have my phone. Everyone already knows everything about the iPhone..its not going to be unique and its not going to make anyone feel special or different about having one, you will just be labeled as either an "apple fanboy" or someone with "money to burn". Just my opinion, rant over.

Yea, those are two things I don't mind being labeled ;P

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Black Intel Core Duo Macbook, 2 GB Ram, 100 GB HD, 60 GB black iPod Video, 8 GB iPhone
I don't want the iphone to be cool, I want it for all of the amazing stuff it does.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's

Yes!!! This is exactly why I gave up driving cars, and living in a house... It's like sooo trendy, and like everyone has a car and a house. What I can't understand is why people use pillows... I mean... oh my gosh... everyone has a pillow.

I don't want the iphone to be cool, I want it for all of the amazing stuff it does.

Exactly!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
Having a iphone will make me feel specail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
My first thoughts when buying something are "will it make everyone I know curious/jealous of me". Because it's really all about what everyone else thinks, after all.

Reaction score
Having an iPhone won't turn you into a groupie, because everyone is unique, just like everybody else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Dude, are you 15? That's how old I was the last time I cared about what others thought about my purchases.

I buy things because they suit my needs, not how they make me look in front of others. If the iPhone had all the features I needed, then I would buy it, regardless of how many other people bought it. But since it doesn't, I bought myself the 8525.

Reaction score
I just want it because I'm a gadget I LOVE LITTLE PINK DOLLIES! I may return it. I just need to get the initial "shock" out of my system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I honestly thought of getting one to try out and return in a couple weeks, but I'm afraid I'd like it too much and I don't need to be dropping $600 right now! (not to mention an extra $20+ each month on my phone bill)

Reaction score
How many other people have it is not a factor to me. Neither are any labels people place on other people. I want the phone because it suits my needs and it suits them well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PM G4 Dual 867, 1gb, 160gb
Even if it is super successful, only about 5% of the populace will have one (for now). I don't think that you'll see them everywhere. Not that I would care, just sayin'. Think about it, the iPod is really successful, but only about 10% of people own one. Most folks are still in the CD game. If you really need to be a unique snowflake, spray paint it red or something.;D

http://news.com.com/Whos+buying+iPods/2100-1041_3-5577396.html

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Some people don't buy things to be different from everyone else. I buy products I want, regardless of whether or not others are using them. To go without something you might want simply because "everyone else has one" seems strange to me.

Reaction score
I think the best reason to buy a phone that everyone is going to have is because we are not in highschool. When you become an adult most people tend to stop caring as much about the social ramifications of being trendy. So when you reach this stage, you will understand why.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Another reason to buy something everybody else has: more third party support. You get more accessories and software help with popular products. I don't know about you, but I would much rather prefer to get a product with lots of support and accessories than something more obscure that has little to none.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
if you don't want something everyone else has.. why get a mac? psh, everyone has a mac. think of the iphone as the mac, and all the other cellphones as pc's.

and those candy cellphones can be linux..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.