Photoshop on G3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st mac: iMac G4 1 GB RAM 80 GB HD. 2nd mac: iMac G3 (OS X Tiger) 20 GB HD 128 MB RAM
I have an iMac G3 running Tiger with 128 mb Ram. I'm thinking about buying a copy of Photoshop CS from an online store (don't worry nothing illegal) but i was wondering.. is 128 MB sufficient to do at least basic stuff in Photoshop CS? I'm not looking to do anything super advanced, i'm just wondering if it's possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
128 MB is barely sufficient for Tiger itself, let alone running any apps under it.
The basic system requirements for Tiger are:
Apple said:
Macintosh computer with a PowerPC G3, G4 or G5 processor
Built-in FireWire
DVD drive for installation
256 MB of RAM
3 GB of available hard disk space (4 GB if you install the developer tools)
To answer your question, yes it will run. Run being the relative word. Will it run well? No, it won't. Not even for "simple" tasks.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st mac: iMac G4 1 GB RAM 80 GB HD. 2nd mac: iMac G3 (OS X Tiger) 20 GB HD 128 MB RAM
crap. thanks anyway. maybe i'll upgrade my ram. i've been putting it off for some time now. another question... i jusst ordered the g3 off ebay and it hasn't arrived yet. will it run tiger super slow or anything?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
For a G3 I'd recommend you up the ram to 256 MB or more. Well on my old 333mhz imac with 256 MB ram and 10.3, it ran most apps incliding photoshop just fine. Sure editing those mega huge files take a little time but it all works just fine.

And another thing about photoshop is you can always get the CS 3 and if you ever upgrade your mac to something intel, you'll have it there.

OP
I
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I installed Photoshop and it runs fine. Not any record breaking speed or anything, but it's stable. I'll probably upgrade to 512 anyways.(as soon as i get the money)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.